“On the one hand, we all want to be happy. On the other hand, we all know the things that make us happy. But we don’t do those things. Why? Simple. We are too busy. Too busy doing what? Too busy trying to be happy.” —Matthew Kelly
YASSSS! This is so true. For my mornings, I have been getting up earlier these last few weeks, and It has been a huge Transformation. In a previous blog, I talked about creating a routine to help mental health. This blog will tie into that one as well. It takes 20 days to create a new routine in our lives, so this is something that I encourage for everyone.
Wanting to do things to make yourself feel good about yourself. There are simple things that you can do before you even get out of bed that can make a drastic difference in your day and overall life.
Here is what I like to do in my mornings:
- I like to visualize what I want out of my day, where I want to go, and what I would like to accomplish.
- Mini Guided Meditation
- I have started this new series by Oprah and Deepak about shedding the weight. Which is focused on shedding the weight of your life, not just physical weight.
- Do something that makes you feel good.
- I love to get up and open my curtains and look outside and capture its beauty.
- Get your butt to a mirror, and say I am_______. I am Beautiful, I am healthy, I am determined, I am successful, I am enough. Whatever is suiting for you.
- Write it down.
- I like to write myself a little note either in a journal, how I feel, what I want in life, at the end I like to write my affirmations down.
- Last, Do something else that makes you feel good
- I love giving my face a good wash in the morning and getting ready before dealing with the kids and the rest of the morning. But this can be a quick read, a quick exercise, such as doing 15 jumping jacks or a few planks. Do you.
Doing this every morning has truly transformed my life. I feel less stressed for the day, and I feel the ability to take on life’s stressors. I do this for every single one of my clients. Its all about body mind and spirit. If you are ready to take that next step and would like to know more about my programs, book a Free Consultation.