Why YogaFit® kids?
It is a combination of yoga a play. This encourages playful and creative movements. Joined with working from one’s self for a mind-body connection. It is a combination of mindfulness, movement, games, breathing, and visualization to move energy throughout the body. This helps encourage a calm mind.
YogaFit Kids was developed to introduce the benefits of fitness to children in a safe, enjoyable, inclusive format. YogaFit kids are ” Yoga Fitness for Every Child”
Why Children Need Yoga
- 5- to 17-year-olds, an estimated 1.6 million, were classified as overweight or obese
- In Canada, only 1 out of 5 children who need mental health services receives them.
- The total number of 12-19-year-olds in Canada at risk for developing depression is an incredible 3.2 million.
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death for Canadians between the ages of 10 and 24.
- Obesity rates among children and youth in Canada have nearly tripled in the last 30 years.
- Estimated that 10-20% of Canadian youth are affected by a mental illness or disorder – the single most disabling group of disorders worldwide.