Why do we need to alkalize our diets?
Most people are familiar with feeling heartburn, this is when there is too much stomach acid and it will cause a burning effect in the body. The most common way people experience relief is having a calcium chew (Aka. Tums). The calcium will help neutralize the acid in the stomach and provide symptomatic relief.
*Remember that burning sensation can also be a sign of not enough stomach acid. Working with a Nutritionist will be able to help you determine the best course of action.
Just like most things our bodies have a PH level that it needs to stay at, for everything to run smoothly. Which is around 7.2. However, on a daily basis out bodies consume highly acid forming foods. Such as dairy, meat & poultry, processed foods, and refined sugar. This may not cause just your common heartburn feeling.
“Chronic metabolic acidosis can be associated with decreased bone density, nephrolithiasis, muscle wasting, and progression of CKD (Chronic kidney disease). On a cellular level, many essential cellular processes, metabolic enzymes, and transmembrane transport processes are highly pH sensitive.”¹
Fortunately, our muscles and bones are full of calcium and nutrients to help neutralize the acid. However, unfortunately, as you can see over a period of time this can cause major issues on our bodies. Break out of the ordinary and what is often thought of as “normal aging”.
Here are a few things that you can do to help alkalize your body.
- Lemon water– You would think since lemons are high in acid that they would cause more acid in the body. However, they actually help to balance the PH in the body.
- Dark Leafy Greens- Spinach and Kale are the 2 powerful foods. They not only help with alkalizing the body but they will help with the conversion of your nutrients and are full of vital vitamins and minerals.
- Cucumbers- They are full of magnesium, calcium, plus vitamin K1 which are all great to help alkalize your body and provide amazing bone support.
- Broccoli- packed with a variety of vitamins and minerals which helps rid the body of acidic waste.
- Avocado- Packed full of powerful healthy fats to help with cardiovascular and brain help, but also help alkalize the body.
If you are ready to take your health to the next level
and learn how to take back control of your life.
Book your Free Consultation Today!