How Big is your Toxic Load?
Toxins- Environmental- Topical- Internal
Environmental: The air we breathe outside (factories, car exhaust, etc.) inside( fragrance, air fresheners etc.), things we can inhale that have had some sort of synthetic chemical used. Another one is plastics, it can leach into our food and water.
Topical: Our soaps, lotions, make-up, skincare products, toothpaste, Swimming in a chlorinated pool or hot tub.
Internal: Non- Organic food (been exposed to chemicals), poor choice in food (junk food, sugar, pop, etc), poor supplements or medications, rancid oils.
No matter where we go or what we do, we will be exposed to some sort of toxins in our lives. Therefore The goal is focusing on lowering our exposer to all of these toxins. Although our bodies are designed with an amazing organ to help us with filtering out those toxins and excreting them, the liver. We still need to take care of it.
When our poor livers have been overloaded, we start to see an imbalance with our hormones, our thyroid functions, and our mental health starts to decline. As a result, these toxins start causing a build up in our bodies as they are not properly getting filtered out.
Signs of an overloaded liver:¹
- Chronic Fatigue
- Anxiety and Depression
- Brain Fog/Lethargy/Feeling Drained
- Chronic Joint or Muscle Pain
- Acne or Skin Conditions
- Gas, Bloating, Abdominal Pain, Constipation, Diarrhea
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Chemical Sensitivities (fragrance)
- Chronic Stinky Breath
- Unexplained Weight Gain
When our liver is overloaded with all these unnecessary toxins in our lives, our liver isn’t able to do what it has been designed for.
How can You reduce your toxic Load?
This is a process and will take time to get to an ideal area. I would look for small changes such as:
- Purchase Organic, wild, grass-fed, and local food as much as possible
- Look at buying a more natural skin care products, and soaps.
- Making your own cleaners with vinegar, baking soda, and essential oils.
- Make your own or purchase a natural laundry detergent.
- Try using essential oil rather than over the counter medication if applicable.
- Look for natural makeup.
- Diffusing essential oils rather than using air fresheners.
- Start using glass containers rather than plastic.
- Reheating food on the stove rather than the microwave.
Furthermore reducing your toxic load is apart of every program that I design. If you are looking to increase your health and reduce your toxic load contact me for a Free consultation.